Platinum Limo Hire Bradford

Friday, 8 January 2016

SHOCKING VIDEO, UPDATED: Man beaten by mob with baseball bat after challenging youths over stone-throwing in Old School Way, Baildon

Simon Clarke at his home in Baildon


SHOCKING VIDEO, UPDATED: Man beaten by mob with baseball bat after challenging youths over stone-throwing in Old School Way, Baildon


A BAILDON man today told how he feared he was going to die as he was beaten by a mob outside his home.
Shocking footage from CCTV cameras, installed by Simon Clarke after previous incidents, captures him being repeatedly struck with a baseball bat after he was surrounded by a gang.
Mr Clarke, who is married with two teenage sons, was attacked after going outside to confront half a dozen youths who were throwing stones at his brother's parked van.
As he remonstrated with them, outside his home in Old School Way, Baildon, a mob he estimated at being between 30 and 40 in number appeared.
"It was like something from Zulu Dawn," he said today.
He said one of the gang, armed with a baseball bat, told him: "I am going to kill you."
Another youth then ran up and hit him and he lost his balance.
He said: "I was stumbling. I knew I was in trouble. I curled up into a ball. The man with the baseball bat hit me several times in the side. I tried to get away from that and I got kicked in the back. I had a footprint in my back."
The attackers were aged between 16 and 20 and predominantly white. They were mainly wearing tracksuits and started to pull their hoods up as the attacked progressed.
"I'm not sure if that's because they realised how serious it was getting or they spotted the cameras," the 44-year-old said.
A still from the CCTV footage of the attack showing youths approaching Simon Clarke


Read full story here T&A