Platinum Limo Hire Bradford

Friday, 1 April 2016

VIDEO: Bradford mum's terror as car thief drives away with sleeping child, 3, still in vehicle

VIDEO: Bradford mum's terror as car thief drives away with sleeping child, 3, still in vehicle

VIDEO: Bradford mum's terror as car thief drives away with sleeping child, 3, still in vehicle

A TERRIFIED mother watched helplessly as an opportunist car thief drove off with her three-year-old daughter.
The youngster was asleep on the back seat when the villain jumped into the Audi A1 and sped off.
When he realised there was a child in the car he stopped and ordered her out and the tearful youngster was reunited with her mother.
The incident happened outside Listers Newsagent's shop in Eccleshill, Bradford, in broad daylight on Thursday.
Care worker Lucy Firth, 30,  pictured above with her car, stopped outside the shop, in Institute Road, and went inside to buy a drink, leaving the keys in the ignition and the engine running. Her friend, the mother of the child, was in the front passenger seat, with her daughter in the back.
Miss Firth said: "I parked the car directly outside the shop, just a few steps from the front door.
"My friend got out and came to the door to give me some change to get her a drink. When she turned round she saw the car moving.
"It all happened in about five seconds from my friend getting out of the car to it being driven away with her daughter asleep in the back.
"She was screaming. I dropped my handbag and dashed outside the shop. We saw the car going round the corner into Mount Street and chased after it. The next thing, the little girl walked round the corner in tears. We picked her up and hugged her and took her back to the shop and I called the police immediately."
The girl's mother, who did not want to be named to protect the identity of her daughter, said: "What happened was horrendous. I was in pure shock, seeing the car speeding round the corner, with my daughter in the back. I have never been so scared in my whole life, it was total fear.
"My body turned to jelly. I was screaming and shouting. When my daughter appeared, it was total relief, because anything could have happened.

Read more T&A