Platinum Limo Hire Bradford

Monday, 4 April 2016

WARNING WITH VIDEO: Bradford residents targeted in ATM cash machine fraud - See pictures of device found in city

WARNING WITH VIDEO: Bradford residents targeted in ATM cash machine fraud - See pictures of device found in city

WARNING WITH VIDEO: Bradford residents targeted in ATM cash machine fraud - See pictures of device found in city

POLICE and a victim are warning the public to be on guard after a new ATM cash machine fraud emerged in Bradford.
Builder Kane Butters, 25, foiled a fraudster, who had fixed a recording and trapping device to a cashpoint outside Holme Top post office on Manchester Road, when he uncovered the scam.
Mr Butters was trying to withdraw cash from the machine when he encountered difficulties.
He said: "I was waiting for the machine to give me my card back, but it just kept beeping. Then it went blank and the lights went out. When it came back on, it said it was out of service.
"I didn't know what to do because the machine still had my card. I had a good look inside and I saw there was a little grey box on the left hand side of the cash machine. I pulled it and it fell off into my hands. Inside the box was an iPod, which was video recording, and there were four magnets to hold it in place.
"I realised they were trying to record my pin and I was a victim of fraud."


Mr Butters, who lives nearby in Rigton Street, said he could see his card and was using a pair of pliers to try to release it when a trapping device fell out.
"My card was sat behind it," he said. "I had got everything, including the fraudster's tools of the trade. I came home and put it all in a plastic bag for the police.
"I played back the recording and you can see a guy's hands installing the device. It took thirty seconds. Six minutes later, I show up."
Mr Butters added: "I hadn't seen anything like it before. It was like James Bond, I didn't think it was real. It was so simple and effective.
"I have been to that cash machine many times before when it seemed to be out of service, so there could have been other victims who have lost money. I would advise people to always be wary and on the ball."



Read more & see video T&A