Platinum Limo Hire Bradford

Thursday, 26 May 2016

Bradford mum says '£10 piece of poison' could have killed her son as she welcomes legal highs ban

Bradford mum says '£10 piece of poison' could have killed her son as she welcomes legal highs ban
Bradford mum says '£10 piece of poison' could have killed her son as she welcomes legal highs ban

Bradford mum says '£10 piece of poison' could have killed her son as she welcomes legal highs ban

A BRADFORD woman, whose 16-year-old son and his two young friends almost died after sniffing a tiny amount of a so-called legal high, today welcomed a new law which prevents the supply of psychoactive substances.
The professional woman, who wants only to be identified as Lesley, said her son had made a split second decision which could have cost him his life.
And she said she supported the law change which would make it illegal to sell "poison" to young people.
The mother, who works in public services, said: "I welcome with open arms the new law. If it prevents any other parents going through what we went through, it will be worth it."
The Psychoactive Substances Act, which comes into force today, makes it illegal to produce, supply, offer to supply, possess with intent to supply, import or export psychoactive substances.
The mother told how she and her husband had gone out for a couple of hours to visit family on New Year's Eve 2014, leaving their 16-year-old son at home with two friends.
She said: "They were playing computer games and were going to order a pizza.
"We were about to set off home when I got a call from my son, saying one of the boys had had a panic attack and they had called an ambulance. I could tell he was distressed and I realised it was serious."
She alerted her neighbour who went round to their house but could not at first open the door.
"She managed to get inside and found my son collapsed behind the door. One of the boys was on a sofa and had been sick everywhere and the other didn't know what was going on."
Three ambulance crews attended and paramedics were working on one boy who was "completely unconscious and almost dead."
They were all taken to hospital, put on drips, and were detained for several hours, and all recovered.
But Lesley said: "We were very fortunate that three young people did not die."
She said that while paramedics were at the house, one of the boys said they had "taken something." It transpired that the boy had paid £10 for a legal high at a Bradford shop.


Read more T&A




Hungry ? Fancy A Change ?


SOL Mexican Restaurant Bradford






People who read this article also read